Meet Steve McConnell, Your Personal Injury Attorney
Steve McConnell of McConnell Law LLC has over twenty-five (25) years of litigation experience and is admitted to practice in all Georgia Superior and State Courts. He takes pride in his firm’s effectiveness and the personal service given to his clients.
McConnell Law recently received the Atlanta Small Business Excellence Award in the category of Personal Injury Law.
His primary focus of practice is in the area of personal injury and wrongful death, products and premises liability, and general tort litigation. He also has proven success representing state and local Law Enforcement Officers and First Responders who are injured by third parties in the line of duty.
Steve has been rated by his peers as AV, the top designation available by legal publication Martindale Hubbell. He has also been selected as a Georgia SuperLawyer- which is limited to no more than 5 percent of attorneys in the State.
He regularly practices in State and Federal courts at both the trial and appellate levels. He has also assisted numerous clients in resolving matters before arbitral forums such as the American Arbitration Association, and has successfully mediated a wide variety of civil cases throughout Georgia
Steve is a retired Colonel, U.S. Marine Corps, Reserve. He previously served on active duty as a Marine Corps Judge Advocate where he prosecuted cases as a Special Assistant United States Attorney, and deployed for Operations Enduring Freedom and Noble Eagle as the Staff Judge Advocate for the Marine Corps Central Command’s expeditionary anti-terrorist camp in the Horn of Africa.
He received his undergraduate degree from Lehigh University in 1990 and received his Juris Doctor degree from The University of Bridgeport School of Law in 1993. He is presently a member of the State Bar of Georgia, the State Bar of Connecticut, and the State Bar of Pennsylvania (inactive).
Steve also provides pro bono legal assistance to Wounded Warriors in the Greater Atlanta area.
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Automobile collisions
- Tractor-Trailer Liability
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Pedestrian and Bicycle Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Negligent Security
- Lehigh University, Bachelor of Arts, 1990
- The University of Bridgeport School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1993
- Marine Corps Officers Basic School, 1995
- The Naval Justice School, 1995
- 2018-2020 Georgia SuperLawyer
- AV Peer Review Rated by Martindale Hubble
- 10.0 AVVO Rating
- Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers
- Georgia Trend Legal Elite
- State Bar of Georgia
- State Bar of Connecticut
- State Bar of Pennsylvania (inactive)
- Supreme Court of the State of Georgia
- Court of Appeals of the State of Georgia
- Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
Affiliations and Memberships:
- Marine Corps Associations of Georgia Lawyers, Past President,
- Sandy Springs Bar Association
- Lehigh University Club of Atlanta, and its Athletics Fundraising Initiatives
- American Legion Post 140, Past Post Judge Advocate and current member
- Marine Corps Association
- Riverwood High School Athletic Association, Board Member
- Lawyers Club of Atlanta
- Marine Corps Coordinating Counsel of Georgia
- High Point Civic Association
- Colonel, United States Marine Corps Reserve, Retired
A man of excellent morals and character as well as a United States Marine, Steve McConnell handled my case with dedication and vigor. Always the consummate professional, Steve made my accident much easier to bear by handling the insurance companies and legal issues. I highly recommend Steve McConnell to all those in need of the best.
By far the greatest lawyer I’ve ever had the please to not only serve as a client for, but a great man overall. He spoke with me and my wife on a regular basis providing updates on all areas. Giving not only insights from a legal stand point but an overall viewpoint. I would recommend Mr . McConnell to anyone at any time. Thank you again sir.
Thanks so very much for being a man of integrity. I am honored to have had you by my side through this ordeal. You maintained a high level of professionalism and integrity, nothing short of your service as a United States Marine. The pleasure of your service was all mine. You have empowered me with much knowledge that allows me to continue in my empowering of others. Although I do not look forward to a similar situation that brought us together; I would consider it an honor to be in your service or have you in mine.
We came to Steve McConnell with a very challenging case concerning my son’s serious injuries. He was aggressive, knowledgeable, and involved with me and my family through the whole process. And he got us a great recovery! I would highly recommend Steve on any cases involving injuries to their children or themselves. Thank You Steve.